Pay by plate is steadily shaping and forming the landscape of what parking enforcement will be in the near future. Dan, our Senior Solutions Advisor walks you through how pay by plate functions from the moment the plate enters the system , to data management to to enforcement.
- (0:10 )We're going to walk through a simple parking transaction to illustrate plate enabled parking enforcement.
- (0:16 )It begins by the parker paying for their parking either through their pay by phone app or through a meter kiosk available on the street
- (0:25 )The Parker doesn't have to return to the vehicle to display the recept on the dash; they can pocket that receipt and move on to their meeting. If they paid by their pay by phone app, that transaction is going to be stored electronically.
- (0:38 )Upon payment of the parking credential the transaction is pushed the parking enforcement database. That transaction is now available for real-time enforcement.
- (0:51 )With a mobile enforcement device such as a traditional handheld, Smartphone, mobile LPR vehicle or even today a Handlheld LPR, the enforcement officer will query the enforcement database to return a status of either "paid" or "unpaid"--it's that simiple.
- (1:12 )To protect the parker and to support adjudication, both the parking credential and the enforcement query each have a time stamp.
- (1:22 )In the case of transaction latency, an advanced feature available to all plate enabled customers will trigger an auto-void process which will remove that erroneous ticket as soon as it's pushed to our web office
- (1:37 )Plate enabled enforcement isn't new. It's a feature rich, fully matured solution for any city's on-street parking